Vipers Sports Club have completed the signing of senior defender Ibrahim “Muzei” Kiyemba.
After winning the Uganda Premier League title and now destined to play at the CAF Champions League, the Kitende-based side has now embarked on strengthening their squad, not just with numbers but more importantly with quality players.
The former Lweza FC and SC Villa centre-back signed a three year deal with the Venoms. Kiyemba made his international debut about two years ago when he featured for the Uganda Cranes against Nigeria in an away international friendly that they won by 1-0.
While at Villa, he left for Stellenbosch Football Club, a South African second division side but talks between the Jogoos and the South African side hit a dead end.
“I am happy to be here hence looking forward to step on the pitch for this winning club,” Kiyemba told the club’s website.
The 21-year-old is expected to fill the void left by Shafik Bakaki whose contract with the Venoms ran out before departing to Malaysia for greener pastures.
He joins midfielder Rahmat Ssenfuka who was recently recruited from Police FC as the Jorge Miguel da Costa-coached side prepares to take part in the 2018 CECAFA Kagame Cup.
About Kiyemba (Compiled from Online Sources):
- Date of Birth: 12 February 1995
- Parents: Hajji Mustapha Lule and Hajjat Sarah Nakanja
- Place of Birth: Konge/Bunga, Kampala.
- Education: Kiryasaka and Kibuli Demonstration ( Primary), Gombe SS and Lugazi Mixed (O & A Level)
- Football Career: Artland Katale, Lweza, Sports Club Villa Jogoo, Stellenbosch Football Club
- International Debut: Uganda Cranes 1-0 Nigeria (2015)