FIFA has named match referees that will officiate Uganda’s double tie against Egypt in the 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers that are slated to resume at the climax of this month and early into September.
Mauritania’s prominent Lemghaifry Bouchaab will handle the first leg in Kampala at Namboole Stadium while South Africa’s Victor Miguel de Freitas Gomes will take charge of the second leg in Alexandria.
Uganda are in Group D with Egypt, Ghana and Congo Brazzaville.
The Pharaohs lead the pool with 6 points while Cranes are second with 4 points with the Black Stars in third place on 3 points and the Red Devils of Congo laying bottom of the pool without a point.
2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers (Group D):
31st August 2017 – 1st Leg: Uganda Vs Egypt – Mandela National Stadium, Namboole
• Center Referee: Lemghaifry Bouchaab (Mauritania)
• 1st Assistant Referee: Aboubacar Doumbouya (Guinea)
• 2nd Assistant Referee: Abderahmane Warr (Mauritania)
• 4th official: Ahmed Toure (Guinea)
5th September 2017 – 2nd Leg: Egypt Vs Uganda – Borg El Arab stadium, Alexandria
• Center Referee: Victor Miguel de Freitas Gomes (South Africa)
• 1st Assistant Referee: Berhe Tesfagiorghis (Eritrea)
• 2nd Assistant Referee: Sandile Dilikane (South Africa)
• 4th official: Christopher Harrison (South Africa)